We had another stay at the hospital starting this week. Here is a brief summary of what happened each day.
Tuesday
I started the day off okay with just a few contractions. Around 2:00 p.m. I started to notice that I was having some cramping and backaches. My mom made me call the monitoring company to see what they wanted me to do. They had me monitor and they called my doctor as well. We ended up going to the hospital and I was put on magnesium right away. This is not a medication that is a lot of fun. It made me feel like I was in a fog, I couldn't really talk that well, my eyes were dilated at times, and OMG my face felt like it was on fire at times. I went through ice packs like there was no tomorrow.
Wednesday
I responded wonderfully to the magnesium and had only 2 contractions the whole day. I definitely had a very rough time with the magnesium though. They lowered the magnesium dosage after 24 hours and left me on the home trebutaline pump. It was a wait and see game at this point to see if I would respond to being taken completely off the magnesium. I had an ultra sound and my cerclage was still perfectly intact and all the babies had great heart beat readings.
My sisters, dad, and step-mom came by at different times to visit me. Tamara was so nice and painted my toenails for me.
Tuesday
I started the day off okay with just a few contractions. Around 2:00 p.m. I started to notice that I was having some cramping and backaches. My mom made me call the monitoring company to see what they wanted me to do. They had me monitor and they called my doctor as well. We ended up going to the hospital and I was put on magnesium right away. This is not a medication that is a lot of fun. It made me feel like I was in a fog, I couldn't really talk that well, my eyes were dilated at times, and OMG my face felt like it was on fire at times. I went through ice packs like there was no tomorrow.
Wednesday
I responded wonderfully to the magnesium and had only 2 contractions the whole day. I definitely had a very rough time with the magnesium though. They lowered the magnesium dosage after 24 hours and left me on the home trebutaline pump. It was a wait and see game at this point to see if I would respond to being taken completely off the magnesium. I had an ultra sound and my cerclage was still perfectly intact and all the babies had great heart beat readings.
My sisters, dad, and step-mom came by at different times to visit me. Tamara was so nice and painted my toenails for me.
Thursday
My doctor stopped the magnesium this morning to see how my uterus would respond just on the trebutaline pump. The day went by with me maybe having one to two contractions per hour with some irritability. This is basically what had been happening at home minus those few bad days. I was released to go home by my doctor around 4:30 p.m. today. We are so excited to be back at home.
Thanks to each and everyone of you for your continued prayers. We are so amazed by all of the people that are and have been praying for us. God is definitely listening and protecting our precious little ones. How awesome is He!!
I couldn't have gotten by these past few days in the hospital without my wonderful husband and mom. Thank you both so much for taking such great care of me and all my needs.

2 comments:
How Great IS Our GOD !!!
AMEN?!!
It is so amazing to us that HE loves these precious babies, you and Dustin, beyond what we are able.
Jesus loves you . . . all of you, and so do we!
What a blessing to be back at home. It sounds like you have a great support system and it brought tears to my eyes when I read about your sister painting your toes.
Post a Comment