Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Update on Olivia and Aiden
Both Olivia and Aiden will have to have surgery. Olivia's will be Monday, March 2nd and Aiden's will be Thursday, April 9th. Both surgeries will be at Texas Children's Hospital. Olivia will have to stay overnight but Aiden's will be out patient. They will both be put under for their surgery. Olivia's will only last about 15 to 20 minutes and Aiden's will take about an hour and a half. Olivia will have both sides of her Larynx shaved. They are the flaps above the vocal cords and they are loose. After they are shaved it will help with her breathing, eating, and snoring. It will be so nice to have her eating more than 2 to 3 ounces at a time. I think Aiden's surgery will be a little longer because they will have to go in and find his right testicle. His doctor said even with full term babies that they usually come down by the first month or two. It will need to be pulled down so that his doctor can keep on eye on it. If we left it up they would not be able to keep track of it and make sure it didn't have cancer. Please keep them both in your prayers and I will keep everyone updated with their progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gosh it has been a while... I was just at work and thinking abou you. The babies are adorable!!! and look so healthy. I will keep them inmy prayers for there surgery and I will plan to come and visit you after they have it. We need to catch up. With Rex here things have been crazy. Colton is hitting some terrible 3's and he is potty trained. :) So maybe one staturday after the babies are recovered from surgery I will stop by?
Post a Comment