Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Ike

My week started off a little bumpy (9/8/08). My contractions started increasing towards the end of last week. On Monday night they had to go up on my magnesium for a few hours to calm my uterus. After two hours they brought it back down and I was doing okay after that. Tuesday afternoon I started feeling contractions close together. My nurse put me on the monitor and they ended up being about 6 minutes apart. My doctor raised the magnesium again for a few hours to calm my uterus. She decided this time that when they lowered my magnesium they would leave it at a higher level. So far the higher rate seems to be doing the job. My contractions on Wednesday night were a little crazy but they were not too painful. One of the nurses told me and my mom that multiples just seem to act up at night.


My Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jimmy came to visit on Wednesday night. Uncle Jimmy and I watch the news to see what Hurricane Ike was going to do. We had a very nice visit.


Dustin and I did pretty well in the hospital during the hurricane. The power, water, and AC kept going on and off for a few days but we made it through it. The worst part for me was no AC. The magnesium that I am on makes me hot as it is and then you add no AC on top of that. Whew!! Needless to say I was very glad when the AC stayed on. Dustin did an excellent job at taking care of me during the hurricane. My mom took care of Masie for us starting off at Paulette’s and then ending up at Tamara’s. Paulette is still without power so they are camping out at Tamara’s. Tamara’s house was in the dark for about 12 hours. We finally got power at our house on Tuesday afternoon. We each had some damage at our houses but we are thankful to God that they are still standing. Below are some pictures that I found on the KHOU.com website that I liked.



2 comments:

Mom said...

Praising God for His merciful protection of our families and friends while continuing to lift our prayers for all the needs of families still living in the aftermath of Ike.
"Remember God knows their names and He sees each tear that falls and hears them when they call!"

Mom said...

You're Welcome MASIE! ! !