Well, today I am 16 weeks pregnant which means we get to check off another milestone. All is going as well as could be expected. I am still not able to do a lot of normal activities yet. I guess my body is still going through its healing process. Hopefully I will be able to go outside for a little walk in the next few weeks. I did forget to report that I had gained three pounds at my last doctors visit. However, since I had lost a pound from my original weigh in they only see me as gaining two pounds. Hey, I will take what I can get. I am just excited that I am starting to gain weight. Well, here is an update on what the babies. In the next few weeks, the babies will double their weight and add inches to their length. Right now, they're about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. Their ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of the scalp has begun, though their locks aren't recognizable yet. They've even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as each baby continues to develop.
Here is a current picture of my growing belly.
2 comments:
We are still in prayer for you and Dustin. We love you all and we miss you. Love, Granna and Papaw
PS
Can't wait to see more pictures of the babies!
What beautiful babies you are carrying in such a beautiful way . . .
Rest! Rest! Rest... Mommy & Daddy!
We love ALL of you,
Grandma and PaPa
Post a Comment