Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still Getting Around At 18 Weeks

Yesterday was 18 weeks for me. I actually got out and had lunch with Paulette, Tamara (sisters), Melanie (step-sister), and all the kidos. I brought my pillow with me to sit on and put my feet up in a chair beside me. It was nice to get out and visit with everyone.

Today we had a "Welcome Shower" for one of my friends Lisa and her daughter Emma. We planned to have it before she had her but it got postponed due to Lisa having to go on bed rest. We all had a great time and everyone did a great job of making me sit down. I have a timer on my camera so we were able to get a picture of the shower party.



Here is an approximate update on the babies. Head to rump, the babies are about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and they weigh almost 7 ounces. They're busy flexing their arms and legs — movements that I've already started noticing the past few weeks. Their blood vessels are visible through their thin skin, and the ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from their heads a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around their nerves, a process that will continue for a year after they're born.

Here is a recent picture of my growing belly.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Kerra,
It's time for Mom to come and kiss and hold that beautiful belly!
I love you,
Mom

P.S. I love you too, Dustin! Praying for you this week!

Brad said...

Your growing belly is so beautiful! I also thing your sonogram pics are awesome. Too cute that the little guy is already working on sucking his thumb.
Praying for you-
Jill